The Fabriko Academy
Expression of Interest
The Fabriko Academy aims to create an environment where like-minded kids can connect and exchange knowledge and skills as they work towards developing their own maker community at their school. The programme is designed to promote leadership, diversity of thought and skills that can be used in contextual problem solving.
- Four student ambassadors from each school
- Ambassadors learn maker skills through the Fabriko Academy and train other kids as they grow their maker community
- Dedicated Fabriko Academy boot camps. Two sessions in Fab Lab Chch to upskill and build confidence.
- Materials, machines, training and support included
- Activates teachers and parents as part of a makerspace advisory panel
Fabriko is currently seeking support from schools, industry and funders. Your support enables us to show the need for hands on technology learning in schools. Our objective is to run short pilots with schools in Term 4. For more background information, please read the Fabriko Academy Overview.
- Aug 15: Expressions of Interest close
- Sept 5: Overview of funding model for programme
- 10 Oct (Term 4): Start short 4 week pilot
- 2017: Establish programme